In our body gastric juices help in digestion of food these are strong acidic juices are continuously been produced in stomach excited by vagus (X th) nerve situated in the internal glands.
Too much secretion of gastric juice is hazards. If this gastric juice of acid produced in extra proportions it harms internal wall of the stomach to a very great extent. When this happens there are ulcers found in the walls of the stomach.
Thus hyperacidity and formation of ulcers are complementary to each other. Generally a person having disease of hyperacidity suffers from pain in the stomach.
The common signs of this pain are burning sensation in the heart, vomiting sensation, nausea, feeling giddy and the actual vomits. If the illness is chronic and if the necessary treatment for the ailment is not taken there is a possibility of heamatemesis (vomits of blood). Normally in this disease pain is felt on the right side of heart and under the lower ribs. This pain starts slowly and gradually, sometimes after the food is taken.
Causes for Hyperacidity
- Gluttony and Wrong diet i.e. eating more fried items, more than necessary chilies,
- low or no consumption of fruits, salad, fibers in the food, milk and curd.
- Eating at odd hours,
- Eating without proper chewing, eating more slippery food.
- Insufficient exercise or not exercising at all are the additional reasons responsible for bad digestion are also responsible for hyperacidity.
- Tobacco chewing smoking
- Certain foods or medications (alcohol, coffee, aspirin),
- Mental ill-health,
- Over stimulation of the vagus (Xth) nerve (vagus nerve is a part of a para-sympathetic nerve).
Precaution in Hyperacidity
- Patient should take food 3 to 4 times in small proportions.
- eat peacefully chewing thoroughly.
- little oil.
- Those patients who have a tendency to get hyperacidity, they should eat easily digestible and fibrous food, which is fully cooked and steamed.
- Avoid heavy food completely.
Yogic Treatment for Hyperacidity
Beside the above mentioned asana and pranayama practice of Yoganidra, concentration and meditation gives the best result.
It is a good practice to seat in Vajrasana from five, ten to fifteen minutes after meals. This strengthens digestive power so, flatulence and constipation doesn’t result. This completely removes the main cause for production of acids.
The process of digestion is performed properly and perfectly by pranayama.
Pranayama relaxes the organs in the belly. Adequate supply of blood reaches the organs. The control of breathing adds special capacity to the working efficiency of the internal secreting glands.
Shitali pranayama, Shitkari pranayama are capable of reducing the burning sensation caused by strong acid liberated in the stomach. Strong acid gets washed out in Kunjal kriya and we can save our self from getting ulcer.
YogaNidra is a state of conscious Deep Sleep. YogaNidra brings an incredible calmness, quietness and clarity. It has great Therapeutics values. kindly refer detail article on Yoga Nidra download free guided YogaNidra meditation mp3
- Guided Inner Body Meditation_Eng.mp3
- Guided Yoganidra Meditation English.mp3
- Guided Yoganidra Meditation Hindi.mp3
If this Pranayama is practised before the sunrise it is more advantageous.
Compared to ladies, males suffer from this difficulty much more. Ladies hardly suffer from hyperacidity till they are regularly menstruating.
Those having their blood group ‘0’ are more susceptible to hyperacidity
Those who eat after enough of chewing, the food gets mixed with the liquid saliva produced in the mouth and such mixed food then reaches stomach. Such people hardly suffer from acidity So many people who eat food, which is slippery and smooth, so that hardly they chew it; such people always get ulcers.
Kindly find following research papers in category Research