Rheumatoid Arthritis Gout – Yoga Cure
The disease arthritis is concerning the joints. It is so nuisance burning feeling, some times terrible pain and aching in the affected joints.
- Osteoarthritis Arthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Gout Arthritis
- Juvenile Arthritis
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
There is is swelling, redness, stiffness, and heat in the joints. There are several variations of arthritis. There are different type of arthritis, each of which has a different cause. Rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis are autoimmune diseases in which the body is attacking itself. Septic arthritis is caused by joint infection. Gouty arthritis is caused by deposition of uric acid crystals in the joint that results in subsequent inflammation. Additionally, there is a less common form of gout that is caused by the formation of needle shaped crystals of calcium pyrophosphate. This form of gout is known as pseudogout. The most common form of arthritis, osteoarthritis is also known as degenerative joint disease and occurs following trauma to the joint, following an infection of the joint or simply as a result of aging. There is emerging evidence that abnormal anatomy may contribute to early development of osteoarthritis. The most common types are the Rheumatoid arthritis, Gout and Osteoarthritis. The most disheartening aspect of the disease is that it does not get easily cured through medicine when it is in chronic stages.
Research at various institutes of therapeutic yoga in India shows, that with the regular practice of some selected yoga asana cures this disease within two months when it is of moderate type. In chronic cases it takes four to five months or more to cure and restore normal health.
Arthritis Symptoms and Signs
Osteoarthritis Arthritis Symptoms
This is degenerative arthritis or degenerative joint disease (DJD). It arises when the cushioning cartilage in a joint breaks down. Commonly affects neck, shoulders, hands, foot (feet), knees, hips, and fingers.
Rheumatoid Arthritis Symptoms
In Rheumatoid Arthritis Immune system attacks the lining, or synovial membrane, of the joints. Joint damage can become severe and deforming. It may Involves the whole body, and also cause fatigue, weight loss and anemia, and affect the lungs, heart and eyes.
Gout Arthritis Symptoms
Gout Arthritis is a metabolic disorder in which uric acid builds up in the blood and crystals form in joints and other places. This sudden attack causes mainly in the big toe, but any joint can be affected.
Juvenile Arthritis Symptoms
The most common form is juvenile rheumatoid arthritis.
Psoriatic Arthritis Symptoms
In Psoriatic Arthritis bone and other joint tissues become inflamed, and, like rheumatoid arthritis, it may spread in the whole body.
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Symptoms
It involves skin in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, joints, muscles, and sometimes internal organs. Symptoms usually appear in women of childbearing age but can occur in anyone at any age.
Yoga Treatment for Arthritis
The arthritic or rheumatic patients have to do three things to get relief,
Regular practice of selected asanas, pranayama
Avoid the things which strain the nerves.
selected yoga asanas
Beside the above mentioned asana and pranayama practice of yoganidra, concentration and meditation gives the best result.
Above asana has medicinal value it removes rigidity and brings flexibility to joints. It also normalizes the blood circulation in the affected areas and tones up the muscles. As a result, the circulation of blood in these areas becomes normalized, the supply of synovial fluid (joint fluid) is restored, and the spasticity and pain are removed. Asana has curative effect upon the knees, ankles, shoulder joints, wrists, palms and fingers from stiffness in the in neck. Asana also has a good effect on the nervous system all over the body. Because of these benefits, it is a highly recommended asana for the arthritics as well as for the general practitioners of yoga. The arthritics are advised to practice Santulan Asana first and then the Trikona Asana. By doing them one after the other all the major and minor joints of the body are fully activated and their functioning is normalized.
Proper Diet in arthritis
Diet is very crucial factor in health conditions. For arthritis diet should be along alkaline lines. The alkaline food dissolves the accumulation of deposits around the joints and in other tissues. Also the important enzyme in green vegetables and fresh fruits reduces swelling and inflammation inosteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
Salad of fresh raw vegetables it may include,
The cooked vegetables may include
- Juice of green vegetable mixed with carrot, celery and red beet juice, is recommended for arthritis.
- Juice of fresh pineapple contains bromelain that help to alleviate inflammation, swelling in case of inosteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- The raw potato juice (used in folk medicine) has great efficacy for treatment of rheumatoid arthritis.
Preparation of potato juice-
Make the potato into thin slices with skin
Put potato slices overnight in cold water
Drink this water in the morning on an empty stomach
Also extract fresh juice and take diluted with water on 50 : 50 basis take in the morning on an empty stomach
- Soak black gingerly seeds overnight in water and take in the morning along with the seeds on an empty stomach that prevents frequent joint pains.
- Drinking water from copper container helps strengthen the muscular system also prevents frequent joint pains.
- Gram (green) soup mixed with crushed garlic cloves and little powdered fenugreek seeds in warm water also prevents frequent joint pains.
- Primary cause of arthritis is uric acid; the citric acid found in lime is solvent of the uric acid this relieves pains in the joints
Natture Cure Naturopathy for arthritis
- Patient may be given enema to remove morbid matter and prevent auto-intoxication.
- Neutral immersion baths.
- Hot foot baths
- Stream baths and a massage once a week are beneficial in the treatment of arthritis.
- All general cold water treatments, such as cold baths and cold sprays, should be avoided.
Massage and arthritis
- Massage increases blood supply and reduces the inflammation and stiffness. Warm mustard oil or coconut oil, mixed with camphor may be used to massaging.
- Foot or body soaking in warm water with a cupful of sea salt is beneficial in the treatment of arthritis. Iodine is absorbed through the skin pores. Iodine relieve arthritis pain regulating acid alkali balance in the blood and tissues. It also repairs and regenerate tissues and promotes the skeletal structure .
- Thyroid gland uses iodine to create a self- cleansing of internal toxemia also nullifies germs in the bloodstream.
- Keep body warm always.
- Do not bandaged joints tightly this may cause obstruction to free circulation of blood.
- Do moderate exercise.
- Avoid constipation unless it leads to irritation and inflammation of the joints.
- Maintaining a normal body weight avoids excessive stress on tendons, ligaments and muscles.
YogaNidra is a state of conscious Deep Sleep. YogaNidra brings an incredible calmness, quietness and clarity. It has great Therapeutics values.
- Guided Inner Body Meditation_Eng.mp3
- Guided Yoganidra Meditation English.mp3
- Guided Yoganidra Meditation Hindi.mp3
- Neatness and cleanliness should be maintained in every day life as much as possible.
- Keep the whole body clean so bathe regularly. In order to have full benefit of water, rubbing of the whole body is essential.
- Start with a few of the simple stretches. It is important not to overdo these exercises.
- If an exercise program is painful and too strenuous, it isn’t likely to be continued.
- Most people respond to the arthritis by decreasing their activity level. Inactivity, however, is often the worst thing to do because it weakens the muscles and actually increases stiffness and pain.
- Though it might appear a little difficult asana for the beginners, with regular practice, any person can do it properly.
Kindly find following research papers in category Research
Iyengar yoga for treating symptoms of osteoarthritis of the knees: a pilot study.
Alternative Medicine and Arthritis
Alternative medicine treats what they see as the underlying cause of the disease, and for this reason their treatments can result in a far better outcome for the patient.
Many types of CAM are tried for Rheumatoid arthritis (RA), such as:
* Preparations made from botanicals (plants and their products, including herbs)
* Vitamins and minerals in unconventional amounts
* Other products taken by mouth, such as fish oil
* Dietary approaches
* Preparations applied to the skin, such as balms and liniments
* Items that are worn (for example, magnetic clothing or copper bracelets)
* Mind-body therapies such as relaxation techniques, meditation, prayer for health purposes, and tai chi
* Whole medical systems, such as Ayurveda, traditional Chinese medicine, meditation, massage, and acupuncture seek to aid healing by restoring the yin-yang balance and the flow of qi., homeopathy and chiropractic.
* Other therapies delivered by CAM practitioners–for example, or massage