Natural cure & preventing Arteriosclerosis through alternative complementary medicine like naturopathy, yoga & home remedies
The thickening, hardening and loss of elasticity of the walls of blood vessels (arteries) due to the presence of calcium or lime is called as Arteriosclerosis.
Arteriosclerosis is usually preceded by softening of inner lining of the blood vessels walls called as artherosclerosis.
The common places for such deterioration are the arteries leading to the brain and coronary vessels of the heart.
The study shows that 40 % of all men over 40 years have a significant degree of blockade of their coronary arteries.
Symptoms of arteriosclerosis
- arteriosclerosis symptoms varies with the involvement of arteries.
- In case of insufficient blood supply in the legs, cramps and pains in the legs even after light exercise. Numbness and coldness in the feet.
- In case of involvement of coronary arteries, sharp pains, characteristic of angina pectoris.
- In case of involvement of arteries leading to the brain, hemorrhage may occur.
- In case of blockage with a blood clot loss of memory and paralysis of one side of the body may occur.
- In case of involvement of kidneys, high BP (blood pressure) and kidney disorders.
Causes for arteriosclerosis
- Excessive intake of refined foods like white sugar and high fat diet,
- A sedentary life style
- Hardening of the arteries may also be caused by other diseases such as high BP, rheumatism, obesity, diabetes, emotional stress.
- Heredity is also a cause.
Nature Cure Treatment
- First remove known causes of arteriosclerosis.
- Start with short juice fast for a week.
- During the period of fasting, use warm water enema.
- Lemon juice, pineapple juice, grape juice, and juices of all available fresh, raw vegetables are beneficial.
- After the juice fast, one should take sufficient raw and sprouted seeds and nuts in the diet.
- Use safflower oil, olive oil, flax seed oil regularly.
- Further, shorter fasts on juices may be undertaken at intervals of 3 months
- You may take several small meals instead of a few large ones.
- avoid excess of saturated fats, like butter, cream, ghee and animal fat etc…
- avoid all processed and refined foods, white sugar, white flour, meat, salt, condiments, sauces, tea, coffee
- Don’t use aluminum and copper utensils.
- Stop smoking
- garlic and onions have a preventive effect on arteriosclerosis.
- Vitamin C helps in the conversion of cholesterol into bile acids.
- Use lemon peel in diet because it is one of the richest known sources of vitamin P.
- It strengthens the entire arterial system.
- Parsley is another effective home remedy for arteriosclerosis. It contains elements which help to maintain the blood vessels.
- The beet juice is an excellent solvent for inorganic calcium deposit in arteriosclerosis.
- Juices of carrot and spinach are also beneficial.
- One should do plenty of outdoor exercise.
- Prolonged neutral immersion baths at bed time on alternate days is beneficial.
- This bath is administered in a bath tub which should be properly fitted with hot and cold water connection. The head should be kept cold with a cold compress.