Natural cure & preventing Acne pimples through alternative complementary medicine like naturopathy & home remedies
What is Acne?
- All skin diseases, including acne, are the outcome of malfunctioning of the body as a whole.
- Acne is a common human skin disease that causes pimples.
- This is inflammatory condition of the sebaceous glands and hair follicles on the face, the neck, chest and shoulders.
- It is closely associated with the disturbance in the hormones.
- Between the ages of 12 and 24, nearly 8 out of 10 young people suffer from acne.
- The majority of patients recover between the ages 20 and 30 years. But yet common in men over 30 years.
- In women, it rarely lasts beyond the early 30s and is normally worse before each menstrual period.
- Acne causes a great deal of embarrassment at an age when people tend to be sensitive about personal appearance.
What are Symptoms of Acne
- comedones or blackheads,
- small superficial sebaceous cysts and scars.
Areas affected by Acne
- chest and back,
- In some cases, almost the entire body may be covered with black heads with extensive scarring.
What Causes Acne?
- excess starches and sugar,
- excess of fatty foods,
- irregular hours of eating,
- unhygienic living habits
- excessive use of tea, coffee, tobacco, alcohol
- sedentary habits that lead to indigestion
Acne and Chronic constipation
If the bowels movement is irregular, the waste matter is not eliminated properly and the bloodstream becomes surcharged with toxic matter. The extra efforts of the skin to eliminate excess waste result in acne and other forms of skin disease.
Ointment only suppress the action of the sebaceous glands temporarily and does not serve any purpose.
Natural Treatment for Acne
In nature cure, the main emphasis is on diet and certain water applications.
- Fruit diet for about a week. IN this regimen, there should be
- Three meals a day, consisting of fresh juicy fruits, such as apples, pears, grapes, grape-fruit, pineapple and peaches. Citrus fruits, bananas, dried, stewed or tinned fruits should not be taken.
- Unsweetened lemon or plain water, either hot or cold, should be drunk and nothing else.
- During this period, warm -water enema should be taken daily to cleanse the bowels and
After a week of all fruit diet,
- the person can gradually adopt a well-balanced diet.
- Emphasis on raw foods, consisting of fresh fruits and vegetables, sprouted seeds, raw nuts and whole grain cereals, millet and brown rice.
- Further shorter periods on the all-fruits for 3 days at a monthly interval till the condition of the skin improves.
- Avoid starchy, protein and fatty foods, Meats, sugar, strong tea, coffee, condiments, pickles, refined and processed foods, soft drinks, candies, ice cream
- vitamins niacin and A have been used successfully to treat acne.
- vitamin therapy may comprise a niacin, 100 mg. three times daily and vitamin A in large doses upto 1,50,000 units per day should not exceed one month.
- Vitamin E is also vitally
- Zinc is also used successfully to treat acne.
- Therapeutic Zinc doses of 50 mg. three times a day. After noticeable improvement it can be gradually reduced.
Local Treatment for Acne
- Hot fomentation to open up the pores and squeeze the waste matter.
- Then rinse with cold water.
- Sun and air baths are highly beneficial.
- Healing packs made of grated cucumber, oatmeal cooked in milk, creamed carrots
- Orange peel, lemon are proved beneficial
- A teaspoonful of coriander juice, mixed with a pinch of turmeric powder.
- juice of raw potatoes
- A hot Epsom-salt bath twice a week