twin flame

KARTIK

twin flame

Post by KARTIK »

it is said that as the soul has always its twin. and life"s one of the main aim is to search that soul mate. but if we see the spritual giants the were all single. lord buddha , swami ram krishna param hansa who is said to be one of the two person who had full kundalini awakening in this time of ours. and my favourate swami vivekananda also was single. please explain it. :F0
Saille

Re: twin flame

Post by Saille »

Tashi delek, Kartik,

It is sad that so many people on higher spiritual paths, those who live lives apart from the general populace, are single or otherwise alone.

I've heard for years that everyone has a twin soul. And the popular belief is that they're the one we're supposed to find, the only one who truly is the mirror of our own soul.

Most of the people I've known who are deeply spiritual and very focused upon that path are single. Most feel an inner sense of longing to find a mate, soul-mate or not. And I share that feeling, that longing. The Full Moon leaves me very wistful, at times.

But are we alone because we're so different? Or are we different because we're alone? And if we did find that "special someone," would we be so content that we stopped our own progress, left our path in order to satisfy that contentment? I don't know.

As for "soul-mates," who's to say that our soul-mate isnt' the echo of the Higher Self? Or that, if in human form, it may not be someone we're not romantically attracted to?

I think that soul-mates may just be the need for the self to realize its own divinity. The need to look into someone's eyes and see our own reflection and know we exist, as if we didn't know that already!

Namaste.
KARTIK

Post by KARTIK »

i got it. and the main part is that its not necessary that the person feel the same as you feelfor him. :F0
GailNelson

Post by GailNelson »

My take on the twin is a little different, I was told by a very gentle soul years ago, that my husband and I were "made at the same time". We are both deeply spiritual, and concerned with both our own spiritual growth, and that of our children, twin boys(LOL speaking of twins!).

We do have difficulties sometimes, but doesn't everyone? But he is of the belief that while we do all have a twin soul, most often we pass by each other during our lives, only to meet up on the other side. The reasons and lessons we have here are not always the same at the same time. While I am a "heartbeat behind" my husband, others may have made other choices that have caused separation for a time. As we did for a time before this one as well.

So, I guess what I'm trying to say, is don't feel sad that you haven't met your twin yet in this life, be reassured that you'll be comparing notes over there. I truly feel that sometimes that separation is a healthy part of growth. Having twin children has made that very clear to me.
hotice_steve
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by hotice_steve »

Dear Friends,
You all are completely & in some ways differently right.

Coming to Kartiks original query...
great Masters being single.
Brahmacharya(celibate & austere path) has nothing to do with Twin Flame. Means they may have had & maybe not.
This relations need not be bound by physical presence or clutches of time.
They can independently exist.
KARTIK

Post by KARTIK »

thank you mam and hotive sir.it means that its not necessary to meet the twin flame physically.is that so? :F0
lighthope

Post by lighthope »

the soul has always its twin. and life"s one of the main aim is to search that soul mate

i don't think so..
the main aim of our life is to completly utilize it ...living every moment of our life..
well its depend upon the person's own thinking...our soulmate could be our God ..like Meera ke prabhu Giridhar..
Saille

Post by Saille »

And just to expand the concept of the twin flame, or twin soul even more....

All things have different layers, and exist on different planes of existence. What some call twin souls or twin flames, and feel such a pull to find them in a romantic mate may be looking in the wrong place. Perhaps the "twin" is actually the physical self looking for the subtle/soul, that divine merging that is reflected in our own spiritual journey.

The "flame" could then be seen as the divine illumination that can burn away the differences, the illusion of separation.

Yes, some lifetimes may be one in which we agreed or decided beforehand to spend alone. But a "mate" as a romantic partner isn't always the "mate" that would be best for us.

I know that spiritual people have longed (sometimes) in vain for that romantic twin soul. Some of our greatest literature and poetry comes from people who wrote of the longing and ache that comes from too many nights spent alone.

But so many people feel that a romantic soulmate or twin soul/flame will "complete" them. In this case, it may be the very reason these people are alone--to realize fully that they are already complete. That, then, would be a major part of their spiritual journey.

Why so many people on higher spirital paths are single is a mystery to me. It certainly does seem to be the rule, rather than the exception. The only answer I have is that most people who are on accelerated or higher spiritual paths need to remain focused upon the journey toward union with the Divine (or realization of that union).

If that is the case, may we all hurry up and reach a point of spiritual development and accomplishment so that we don't need to spend our nights alone, writing glorious and aching poetry!
GailNelson

Post by GailNelson »

Saille I do agree with you, sometimes that longing can be misinterpreted to be a longing for a romantic mate, when the reality is more ethereal in terms of the soul seeking the divine. But so many feel as though that romantic mate will complete them, and for those the lesson of completeness can be a difficult one.

For others who may have spent more time apart than together, the lesson can be one of being "greater than the sum of the parts", meaning that while they are whole unto themselves, together they can accomplish much more. In some ways that lesson is every bit as difficult. Because we have spent time apart, we have both become very independent...making it difficult to ask for help at times. The "I can do it" of a toddler sometimes comes between us! :o

My husband is very good at planning a course, with a goal in mind, while I am very good at implementing that plan and bringing the necessary people together and getting them excited about the plan. While separately we may be able to accomplish those same things, together the effect is much more profound.

And while many of them probably were single, just because someone was single, doesn't mean they were lonely...just at a different point in their journey. We are all here I believe with the same long term goal for our souls of growth and development, it's just that some get there faster, and perhaps those masters were just more driven to learn than the rest of us.

Remember that a smart man learns from his mistakes, but a wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

I think that we are more often smart than wise...and wisdom requires the constant focus that the masters seemed to have had.
hotice_steve
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by hotice_steve »

Dear all,
The term Twin Flame itself is ambiguous.
Hence the misinterpretations.
One of them is that many think its just 2 people when it can be a group.
Maybe "Soul Mates" is more appropriate in the above mentioned situation.
In sanskrit there is a word called "Isht" pronounced yeeast.
It sums up our whole Topic.
Blessings