conjunctivitis - coriander seeds

Ayurvedic Treatment For Diseases
mohan
Administrator
Administrator

conjunctivitis - coriander seeds

Post by mohan »

Dear All,
Over the phone, Stephen suggested me a nice home remedy for eye problems. It worked fantastic for me. so sharing with you all.

Make a decoction of coriander seeds, cool it and use it as a wash for infected eyes to bring down pain and inflammation.
Much helpful for we netizens.
bakliwalsunil

Re: conjunctivitis - coriander seeds

Post by bakliwalsunil »

Dear Mohan,I think this is very dangerous practce to use coriander decoction for conjunctivitis. Conjunctivitis is an inflammatory disease caused by bacteria or viruses or by fungi.Among these Conjunctivitis by Pseudomonas bacteria is fatal for vision. If you try unsterilised or contaminated solutions for eye washing then there may be chances that the infection would spread further instead of controling.If you want to try herbal preparations for conjunctivitis then go for triphala water or simply amla water. To prepare these water, use sterile ( 20 minutes boiled and cooled) water.
mohan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mohan »

Hello Sunil,
Nice to see you online. I know your understanding on the said subject much better than me. Yet, Coriander has lots of anti oxidants, vitamin-A, vitamin-C and minerals like phosphorus in the essential oils in it which prevents aging of eye, macular degeneration and soothes eyes against stress. Coriander contains an antibacterial compound that may prove to be a safe, natural means of fighting Salmonella, a frequent and sometimes deadly cause of foodborne illness, suggests a study published in the June 2004 issue of the Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry.
As you addressed hygiene issue,
Yes, hygiene is necessary, it is the first step to good health.
Also thanks for suggesting triphala, amla water
bakliwalsunil

Post by bakliwalsunil »

Dear Mohan,
About 90% of plant species posseses antioxidant and antibacterial properties. Also they may contain one or more nutrients.I myself have studied more than 15 plants for the same activities and got positive results.Also i have developed an herbal eyedrop for conjunctivitis as my M.Pharm Project work. My combination was:Aqueous extract of Glycirrhiza glabra,Azadirachta indica,Holy basil,rakta chandan. i compared this formulation with gentamicin (an antibiotic)eye drop by inducing conjunctivitis to rabbits. I used a group of six rabbits for the study. I got same results with my formulation as that of gentamicin. but the problem was that my formultation was 3-4 times costlier than gentamicin eye drop. For AMD (Age related macular degeneration) Lutein and Zeaxanthin-chemical constituents from marigold flower and maize are the best solution.There is difference between sterility and hygienic conditions. For routine use that is in healthy conditions to keep eye fresh and cool you can use clean coriander water.but compare to coriander water I would like to suggest you to use clean triphala water for eye washing. Triphala can prevent not only conjunctivitis but developement of cataract also. i have a lot to share about these crude drugs,their uses,quality and limitations.I am preparing an article as" Ayurveda:Modern day limitations,challenges and utility." I will post it soon.
mohan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mohan »

Hello Dear,
Nice to read you and thanks for your insight on the said issue.
I know about your research. You had told me in those early days 2000-2001. Kindly suggest me remedy for computer dry eyes syndrome.
any way!
Thanks for forwarding volumes of Ayurvedic Pharmacopeia of india to my mail.
love,
Mohan
mohan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mohan »

Separate topic on Computer Dry Eye Syndrome is posted at, http://www.theholisticcare.com/forums/v ... =66&t=2726 by our beloved Sunil.
Thanks Sunil for comprehensive info. I have made your post sticky. Hope many people will be benefited by info you shared.