Holistic Lotion?

angelicdiamond

Holistic Lotion?

Post by angelicdiamond »

I was wondering if any of you know how to make a simple holistic lotion with ingredients at home. I want to start taking better care of my body, including my skin, but it doesn't feel right when I use lotions with chemicals in them. I almost never do, so I'd like to make a healthy lotion. I had this idea to make some after I realized something important by myself while doing a self Reiki session about our bodies. I realized that much of the negativities we have are carried in our feet!

It's because most people don't think about their feet, and so there is very little energy circulation, making a lot of blockages and toxins be caught in them. I always knew that feel were important for our health, but now I know why! Most people trap themselves inside and wearing shoes, making no connection to the earth or allowing the energy in their feet to flow — no energy in, no energy out.

And so I want to start taking care of my feet. Using holistic lotion, keeping them clean and scrubbed, and giving myself a much earned foot massage :) So do you guys have any ideas for a homemade healthy lotion? I have only simple items available to me.

Highest Blessings!
-Wes
Saille

Re: Holistic Lotion?

Post by Saille »

Namaste, :F0 Wes, I hope you see this post,

I love, love, love oils!

I've stopped using all chemicals, and have gotten rid of all creams, lotions, serums, and whatnots. Didn't know anyone I disliked enough to give them to, so I threw them out. Like you, I sensed in healings and meditation that people slather lotions and creams on that are loaded with chemicals that create ama (toxins).

Skin doesn't just keep stuff out. Skin eats what it's exposed to, from the air to the air-conditioning, to the lotions and soaps we use.

Also, all things are connected, so the animal-tested products carry their suffering in the vibrations of the results they suffered for, and are then absorbed into our bodies.

Start with what you bathe with--I use only Dr. Bronner's soaps. And then use the oils. For deep nourishing, try avocado or coconut, sesame, or you can go for exotic oils like hazelnut. Cleansing with castor oil is wonderful, and the only thing I use to clean my face. Then massage in the oils, and take your time. Use it sparingly, then re-apply, if and whenever needed.

Experiment, just don't use any type of petroleum oil, and steer way far away from mineral oil in any form.

Have fun!
Tom

Post by Tom »

Isn't camphor - or beeswax - used as the base of such a lotion?
Saille

Post by Saille »

I haven't used camphor, but I have made creams with lotion and beeswax. There are other things you can use as an emulsifier, but I've not tried those. So far, I've stuck with experimenting with different oils and essential oils.

For feet in particular I like thick oils like castor oil. Like coconut oil it has medium chain fatty acids, so they penetrate deeper into the skin than other oils. This also helps to transport them deep within the organs and tissues. It also helps to move essential oils into the tissues and organs, wrapped in the carrier oils' molecules.

My son loves to have his scalp and feet massaged with jojoba carrier oil with vetivert essential oil. I made him a bottle of his own. It's great for the scalp, in particular, and the vetivert relaxes just about any stress that the body is holding.

Tom, have you used either camphor or beeswax in making oil blends? I'd love to hear what you do and how it works for you!

Namaste.
Tom

Post by Tom »

So far I just buy what I want off the shelf. If I were to experiment, it would be with combining superfoods and herbs to make an energy drink. My goal would be something I could use as the main source of my nutritional requirements that would be cheap and easy. Tasting my food has more appeal to me than rubbing it into my skin.
Saille

Post by Saille »

Lol, whaaaatttt? You don't want me to find you a recipe for a facial scrub with oatstraw and bee pollen or something? I'm shocked, I tell you, shocked! :hI