thoughts

priya

thoughts

Post by priya »

Our thoughts positive or negative .They are creating the world around us. We are creating situations or things around us , weather they are good or bad. I have understood these from a book I read . I started practicing this in my life on small things and amazingly it worked. But controlling thoughts is very difficult for me. Some times I feel I am waging a war against my mind which is churning so many negative thoughts.

HOW TO CONTROL THESE THOUGHTS OR MY MIND?

But I can say when I am giving out positive thoughts I have actually seen lot of positive things happening to me.
I lost 5 kgs of weight that I have put on . My work at my office was more appreciated. Circumstances led me to get a bigger car.

But my problem is, I am not able to sustain thinking positive thoughts . I need to train my mind to think only positively.

HOW? is a major question.

Regards,

Priya
hotice_steve
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: thoughts

Post by hotice_steve »

Dear Priya,
A very good question, "How to tame the mind?"
Easiest advice is, be mindless, ;) ;D
Sounds funny but its true.

Don't be a part of the thought, just be a witness to it.
The worst is when we link bad thought & make a chain out of it. And we say this always happens to me.
Same way don't get over excited about good thought(whatever the books say) again just witness. If in present just enjoys & center yourself.
Regarding bad happenings just take it as a lesson & move on.

I guess this is is the only way, to be neutral. And Meditation will help.
Any thought that comes should not be suppressed, but witnessed without being judgmental about it.
Initially it may look tough, but it will become a habit & second nature.
Practice is the only way. of course one cannot be perfect but give it a try, its worth it.
blessings.