Lakshmi

Ashleyh

Lakshmi

Post by Ashleyh »

Hi! I am new here but I came because I was really interested in Reiki. However with looking around I noticed some pictures and thought this may be a wonderful place to ask a question. I know what the internet says but I would really like to know from someone that practices Hinduism what this means.
I grew up Baptist in Mississippi we do not have any Hindu's that I have met and so up until a month ago have never known much about the religion. For the last 4 years I have considered myself a Pagan/Wiccan working primarily with Celtic Pantheon. Anywho... A month ago a four armed Goddess which I have never seen started coming to my dreams, after some research on the internet I identified her as Hindu Goddess Lakshmi. The last time she came to me was last Monday and it was in a meditation. In color and moving and I was awake. I have had a few "visions" before in my meditations but always still pictures. I am fascinated with her and why she would want to bless me in this way. Thank you for any stories you may have about your encounters with her or any ideas of what this means I should do. I feel especially connected to her and I love her coming to me. I wish to please her but I am not sure how. Almost everything I find on prayers etc.. are not in english.
Thanks-
Ashley
GailNelson

Re: Lakshmi

Post by GailNelson »

Hi Ashleyh,

I'm not Hindu, being Wiccan myself, but I have a perspective on this that may be helpful. I tend to feel closest to the Celtic Gods myself, but had for sometime been visited by Quan Yin...a Deity I knew little about. So, I started studying and found many "coincidences" along my path guiding me towards her. Now, I look to her for much guidance, and am developing a very close relationship with her.

In instances like this, I believe that the Deity has something that He/She is trying to convey to you in a very specific manner. I love that you're so open to Her, that makes developing the relationship so much easier, and fulfilling. What you might try doing, is a simple mediation where you ask Her what it is that She is trying to teach you - and then listen/look for the answer. We have two ears for a reason, right?

I'm sure some of those here more experienced with Lakshmi may have something more specific, however, that was the approach I took with Quan Yin...who also has some roots in India, and it has helped me understand my place in this world in a way that wasn't possible before.
priya

Post by priya »

Dear Asley,

Goddess Lakshmi is Goddess of Wealth ( both material and spiritual), as per Hindu mythology.
Goddess Lakshmi holds a lot of respect and reverence among hindus. She is wife of Lord Vishnu who is god responsible for sustenance of life, he is the protector. In Hindu sacred texts, the Vedas call Mahalakshmi Lakshyayidhi Lakshmihi which means she is the one who has the object and aim of uplifting mankind.

Lakshmi is the embodiment of love, from which devotion to God or Bhakti flows from. It is through Love/Bhakti or Lakshmi that the atma or soul is able to reach God or Vishnu. Lakshmi plays a special role as the mediator between her husband Lord Vishnu and His worldly devotees. While Vishnu is often conceived of as a stern, easily perturbed patriarch, Lakshmi represents a more soothing, warm and approachable mother figure who willingly intervenes in the lives of devotees on His behalf. Often, it is Lakshmi who acts as the advocate for the request of a given mortal. When asking Vishnu for grace or the forgiveness of sins, Hindus often approach Him through the intermediary presence of Lakshmi She is also the personification of the spiritual energy, called Kundalini, within us and the universe. Also, she embodies the spiritual world, also known as Vaikunta, the abode of Lakshmi-Narayana or Vishnu, or what would be considered Heaven in Vaishnavism. She is also the divine qualities of God and the soul. Lakshmi is the embodiment of God's superior spiritual feminine energy, or the Param Prakriti, which purifies, empowers and uplifts the individual. Hence, she is called the Goddess of Fortune. Due to her motherly feelings and being the consort of Narayan (Supreme Being), she is believed as the Mother of the Universe.

Lakshmi is described as bestowing coins of prosperity and flanked by elephants signifying her royal power. However, in some texts, she has an owl as her vahana. Her expression is always calm and loving. The lotus also symbolizes the fertile growth of organic life, as the world is continually reborn on a lotus growing out of Vishnu's navel

We Hindu's believe that we can please Goddess Lakshmi by praying her with vermilion (kumkum) as we Hindus believe that kumkum is lakshmi and symbol of prosperity. We wear kumkumk on or forehead near the thrid eye ( between the eyebrows). Kumkum is place at the feet of the goddess chanting her different names.

"Sri Rasthu"

Shri Lakshmi Astothra
Sadha Naamavali

Aum Prakruthyai Namah

Aum Vikruthyai Namah

Aum Vidyaayai Namah

Aum Sarvabhoothahithapradayai Namah

Aum Shraddhayai Namah

Aum Vibhuthyai Namah

Aum Surabhyai Namah

Aum Paramatmikaayai Namah

Aum Vache Namah

Aum Padmalayaayai Namah

Aum Padmaayai Namah

Aum Shuchaye Namah

Aum Swahaayai Namah

Aum Swadhaayai Namah

Aum Sudhaayai Namah

Aum Dhanyaayai Namah

Aum Hiranmaiyai Namah

Aum Lakshmaiyai Namah

Aum Nityapushtayai Namah

Aum Vibhavaryai Namah

Aum Adhithyai Namah

Aum Dheethyai Namah

Aum Deepthaayai Namah

Aum Vasudhaayai Namah

Aum Vasudhaarinyai Namah

Aum Kamalaayai Namah

Aum Kaanthayai Namah

Aum Kaamakshyai Namah

Aum Kamala sambhavaayai Namah

Aum Anugrahapradhaayai Namah

Aum Buddhaiyai Namah

Aum Anaghaayai Namah

Aum Harivallabhaayai Namah

Aum Ashokaayai Namah

Aum Amruthaayai Namah

Aum Deepaayai Namah

Aum Lokashoka vinashinyai Namah

Aum Dharmanilayaayai Namah

Aum Karunaayai Namah

Aum Lokamatre Namah

Aum Padmapriyaayai Namah

Aum Padmahasthaayai Namah

Aum Padmakshyai Namah

Aum Padmasundariyai Namah

Aum Padmodbhavaayai Namah

Aum Padmamukhyai Namah

Aum Padmanabha priyaayai Namah

Aum Ramaayai Namah

Aum Padmamalaadharaayai Namah

Aum Deviyai Namah

Aum Padminiyai Namah

Aum Padmagandhinyai Namah

Aum Punyagandhaayai Namah

Aum Suprasannaayai Namah

Aum Prasadabhi mukhyai Namah

Aum Prabhaayai Namah

Aum Chandravadhanaayai Namah

Aum Chandraayai Namah

Aum Chandrasahodharyai Namah

Aum Chaturbhujaayai Namah

Aum Chandrarupaayai Namah

Aum Indiraayai Namah

Aum Indhu sheethalaayai Namah

Aum Ahlaadha jananvaya Namah

Aum Pushtyai Namah

Aum Shivaayai Namah

Aum Shivakariyai Namah

Aum Satyaayai Namah

Aum Vimalaayai Namah

Aum Vishwajananyai Namah

Aum Dhustyai Namah

Aum Dharidriya naashinyai Namah

Aum Preethi Pushkarinyai Namah

Aum Shanathayai Namah

Aum Shuklamaalyaambharaayai Namah

Aum Bhaskaryai Namah

Aum Bilva nilayaayai Namah

Aum Vararohaayai Namah

Aum Yashaswinyai Namah

Aum Vasundharaayai Namah

Aum Udhaarangaayai Namah

Aum Harinyai Namah

Aum Hemamalinyai Namah

Aum Dhana dhanyakaryai Namah

Aum Siddhayai Namah

Aum Sthraina Soumyaayai Namah

Aum Shubhapradaayai Namah

Aum Nrubavema gathanandhayai Namah

Aum Varalakshmaiyai Namah

Aum Vasupradhaayai Namah

Aum Shubhaayai Namah

Aum Hiranya praakaaraayai Namah

Aum Samudhra dhanaayayai Namah

Aum Jayaayai Namah

Aum Mangalaayai Namah

Aum Vishnuvakshah Sthalasdhithaayai Namah

Aum Vishnupathnyai Namah

Aum Prasannaakshyai Namah

Aum Narayana Samashrithayai Namah

Aum Dharidriya Dhwamsinyai Namah

Aum Devlakshmi Namah

Aum Sarva padhrava nivaarinyai Namah

Aum Navadurgaayai Namah

Aum Mahakaalyai Namah

Aum Brahma-Vishnu-Shivathmikaayai Namah

Aum Thrikaalagyanasampannaayai Namah

Aum Bhuvaneshwaryai Namah

Aum MahaaLakshmi Astothra sadha Namah
[[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... akshmi.jpg[/img

Hope it was useful.

Regards,

Priya
Ashleyh

Post by Ashleyh »

Thank You Gail! Yes living in MS makes learning a bit difficult :D Bible Belt is horrid for getting decent books and information!
Priya!!!! Thank you so much!!!!! "She is also the personification of the spiritual energy, called Kundalini, within us and the universe" This struck me as WOW! I have been so drawn to the kundalini yoga and reiki and anything I can get my hands on about it!
Maybe this is the way I grow my spirit now. Thank you So much!