dettachment

KARTIK

dettachment

Post by KARTIK »

as i am growing older i am feeling detachment is one of the most important thing in life. is there any yogic practice which can induce detachment? i am planning to give reiki to me for strengthening my detachment strength. :F0
Tom

Re: dettachment

Post by Tom »

There were 4 posts so I picked the one with the most views to respond to.

No, it doesn't really work that way. You gain non-attachment by breaking all your attachments. This is something that you will eventually have to do - anything you can't take with you when you die gets left behind anyway. I'm not really sure why you would want to start the process now of disconnecting yourself from your own life when you could be choosing to live it more fully. Get as much as you can now from anything and anyone you are attached to. Breaking attachments is an "everything must go" kind of process. Fortunately what you are letting go of is in your mind anyway. Still, it feels like a real loss when you do it. The good with the bad. People and places as well as things. So you realize that you are getting older and closer to death. It could come at any time so the getting older part doesn't really matter. It just means you have been lucky so far. It is a good practice to keep in mind every day that death is coming. How would you choose to do things differently if you knew you were going to die soon? And what is stopping you from doing it? Ask yourself enough times and eventually you can say that you wouldn't change a thing. At that point you will have gained the non-attachment anyway and without doing it directly.