Attunement methods, which do you use??

loveangels

Attunement methods, which do you use??

Post by loveangels »

I feel Reiki is a spiritual thing, something you feel, you sense, you breathe,... not something rigid to follow instructions like a manual for an electrical appliance.

Even though I understand that these instructions are good for people that are not into the "spiritual world" and this is very new to them. After some time they grow into it, I must suppose, they grow into a more spiritual path and no longer do things as part of a rigid process, but more like following their senses and, responding to the needs of the recipient depending on the situation.

After rereading Reiki Master's level again, I would like to hear your experience with attunment, what methods of attunement do you usually use and feel most comfortable with? I see you can attune by intention, but it seems more right to set the symbols on the chakra's. I'm more into letting intuition lead me through Reiki sessions because following imposed hand positions doesn't feel natural to me.

Thanks like to hear anyone experience. :F0
Tom

Re: Attunement methods, which do you use??

Post by Tom »

It is really common in reiki to borrow from other methods and traditions. You could choose to try Wicca - cast a circle, invoke the elements and directions, pray for protection, raise energy, and so on as part of your attunement process. Invoking Reiki Guides would fit in nicely with calling in the God and Goddess. Personally I just like the candles and incense and essential oils even though I don't really have a good place to draw a circle on the floor and I just feel weird walking the circle and talking to the guardians of the four directions. Still, when I do go through the motions I find that the energy feels stronger. Wicca just happens to be one example. I think a lot of the stuff about passing reiki by intention that you mention is based on passing on initiation in Hinduism and Buddhism. Forms of Shamanism such as Tibetan Buddhism also have a lot to offer. It is completely up to you. Use the symbols directly if you want, or just let them go along for the ride. Personally I find that explicitly using the symbols offers a more structured approach and with Usui Reiki I prefer to do it - but a lot of the other systems like Shamballa Reiki just go overboard with the symbols. I think Shamballa Reiki has over 100 symbols and I don't want to memorize even a fraction of them. For that matter I have received Grand Master levels for Usui Reiki up to something like level 18. These levels are really more based on chi kung energy than reiki and so far I haven't gotten around to memorizing any of the new symbols; I just skimmed over the manuals as I got them to get a general idea of what it was I was about to call in. My plan was to learn them more carefully later on and just do self-attunements to strengthen my connection to the new symbols. Anyway, the important thing is the combination of your intentions and the intentions of the person you are working with. That applies to regular healing as well as attunement. As long as both of you want to make it work, the important thing is to have just enough ritual that you are both satisfied with the process and that something really did happen.
angelicdiamond

Post by angelicdiamond »

The attunement method I use is one that I think is most common because it's so easy.

First, you create sacred space. You can cast a Wiccan/Witch's circle like Tom suggested, or you can just create a large sphere of white light and the Violet Flame. You can just see it as a bubble, or you can shine a light out from your heart chakra out, creating a sphere of light around you :)

After that, you just use your imagination to create the person you're attuning in front of you. If you're not sure what they look like, just make a person of light with their name, location, etc. in it.

Run Reiki through all the chakras, the channel, and the aura and remove any blockages. Be sure to fully open/activate each chakra! I do this by addressing a chakra, and telling it to open and activate to the fullest extent possible. Don't forget the hand chakras. Open up the aura as well by filling it with Reiki. The Channel runs through the center of all the chakras as a white cord, it goes down to the center of the earth, and then up to the different dimensions. Clear it of any seals and blocks.

I put the symbols in the chakras starting like this. Heart, third eye, crown, throat, solar plexus, sacral, and then root. From there, I put the symbols in the hand chakras, and then in the heart again.

Here's why. I open the heart so that the person is open to receiving Reiki fully. Then the third eye to open them up to consciously experiencing Reiki, then the crown to open their channel for it, and then I get the three lower chakras in descending order to ground it in. You can put the symbols in the aura as well to make it easier to channel Reiki with their aura.

Another method is to do the same thing, but use a physical proxy like a teddy bear or a doll to represent the person :)

Before you attune someone, you may want to do like I did and ask the Universe to provide you with a holographic practice human of light to try it on. It's not a real human, but it's built just like one for you to practice on. If you speak to it, the reply will be direct from the Universal Consciousness.

If you go to the Manuels page, there are some good ideas that you can turn into distance attunements by replacing the real person with an imaginary one :)

Hope this helps!
Highest Blessings,
-Wes
JOBIAL ALEX

Post by JOBIAL ALEX »

Thank you friends.
Blessings,
Jobial.
loveangels

Post by loveangels »

Thank you all for you extended and clarifying replies.

:V: :wD :Lv