Reiki Attunement & Symbols.

JOBIAL ALEX

Reiki Attunement & Symbols.

Post by JOBIAL ALEX »

Dear Reiki Masters,
I have read in a japanese reiki book that Usui gave less importance to symbols.I have a doubt,is it possible to give a reiki attunement without using the reiki symbols? Will it be as effective as an attunement with the use of reiki symbols? Please tell me your opinion about it.
Highest blessings,
Jobial Alex.
Tom

Re: Reiki Attunement & Symbols.

Post by Tom »

You could try it and see. If you are familiar with the idea of intent, you could put your hands on the top of someone's head and intend to give them a reiki attunement to the specific level you want to give them. Then wait for the energy to start and wait for it to finish. Intent is the difference between, for example, thinking about moving your arm and moving your arm. In this case it is the difference between thinking about giving an attunement and actually doing it. If you need help getting started, call to mind the way you feel when you are giving an attunement and try to re-live or re-create the same sensations in your mind to start the process. It helps if you are already somewhat experienced in giving attunements the regular way so you will be able to compare and contrast the experiences. As for the person who helps you by receiving the attunement, I don't think it matters as much. I usually go around and put my hands over the hands of the person I am attuning to Usui Reiki and then also the feet, but that is for the purpose of putting in the symbols. Since you are considering a method without directly using the symbols I think you can just put your hands on the crown chakra. For that matter, I think you could put the attunement into an object such as a necklace or bracelet and tell the person to wear it for 24 to 48 hours. Metal tends to hold energy well. However, I would suggest holding off on that until you are fairly well advanced and much more confident in your abilities. A glass of water also holds energy fairly well, and if you can get the person to drink it within a few minutes that would be better. It would be enough to use 4 ounces (1/2 cup) or so. A small volume is better because it would dilute the energy less.
JOBIAL ALEX

Re: Reiki Attunement & Symbols.

Post by JOBIAL ALEX »

Thank you very much Tom.
Blessings,
Jobial.