To lift up the mood some psychoactive drugs are taken to create abnormal state of consciousness up to the state of hallucination. These psychoactive drugs influence the normal functions of neurons. Drugs damage neurotransmitter receptor sites.
Causes for addiction
- Bad company of friends who have wrong habits.
- Family problem or sedentary life having no occupation.
- People doing overlabors, rigorous job; take to addiction to remove feeling of tiredness. Etc…
- Beetle leaves, tobacco, cigarette etc.
- Liquor, alcohol, beer.
- Opioids, opium, brown sugar, heroin, injectables, morphine pathedine, fortwin and others.
- Cannabis products like hashish and others
- Sedative hypnotics, diazepam, mandrex, barbiturates.
- Cocaine and caffeine.
- This list goes on and on…
Tolerance to a drug occurs when increasing doses of that drug are required to achieve effects that initially occurred in response to a smaller dose, he goes on adding stronger items, ultimately getting scorpions and serpents giving stings on his tongue.
Yoga Treatment for Drug Addiction
Beside the above mentioned asana and pranayama practice of yoga nidra, concentration and meditation gives the best result.
YogaNidra is a state of conscious Deep Sleep. YogaNidra brings an incredible calmness, quietness and clarity. It has great Therapeutics values.
- Guided Inner Body Meditation_Eng.mp3
- Guided Yoganidra Meditation English.mp3
- Guided Yoganidra Meditation Hindi.mp3
It is quite necessary to shower love, goodwill and sympathy if the patient is not true to himself or till he does not leave his internal wish to restart taking the intoxicants. If this precaution is not observed, when the temporary self-control is lifted, the addict returns to the original state violently with double the strength and speed and gets again bound with the intoxicant.
Kindly find following research papers in category Research