Natural cure & preventing allergy through alternative complementary medicine like naturopathy, yoga & home remedies
What is allergy?
Hypersensitivity of the immune system to the substance, specially certain food, dust, fur, pollen which does not normally affect other persons.
Causes of Allergy
Numerous substances in the environment can cause reactions in many people.
- A substance that causes a reaction is called an allergen.
- Allergy may happen instantly if you come in contact with the allergen, or might be delayed for some hours or several days also.
- Allergy may occur at an portion of body is called as shock organ.
- The most common shock organ are skin, eyes, ears, nose, chest, intestines etc…
Allergen may include
- dust, pollen, animal hair, cosmetics
- vaccines,drugs, poisonous plants, serums
- physical agents like as sunlight, heat, cold
- most food allergens are oranges, milk, eggs, wheat, fish, chocolates, cabbage, potatoes, tomatoes and strawberries.
symptoms may include
- swelling of the face and eyes,
- recurring headache,
- hay fever,
- gastric ulcer,
- high BP,
- chest pain,
- heart attacks,
- a stuffy or runny nose, etc...
Many a times alike food can cause different symptoms in different people.
Causes of Allergies
- Allergies are caused by faulty life style and dietetic errors. It indicates lowered resistance and internal disharmony
- Feeding babies foods as cereals, whole milk, corns, meat etc… cause allergic reactions as babies lack the proper enzymes needed for their digestion before they reach the age of 10 months to a year. Babies should be breast-fed for at least 8 months as this is nature’s way of providing all the required nutrients during this period.
- Today’s processed foods loaded with numerous chemical additives, many of which cause powerful reactions.
- An allergic condition can result from diet imbalances.
- excessive intake of refined foods like refined sugar cause blood sugar irregularities,
- Emotional and psychological stress can also lead to allergies.
Treatment for Allergies
1 the sources of allergy should be identified.
2 once the allergic sources are discovered, they should be avoided.
3 and most important, general health and resistance should be built
up to establish immunity to them.
There are 2 methods to detect cause of allergy.
1st method is the trial -and- error elimination diet.
Keep to organic, untreated, unprocessed foods as far as possible and you will eliminate another set of hazards such as pesticides, various sprays and other poisons.
After having eliminated as many disturbing factors as possible, a self-search should be carried out to ascertain any suspicious symptoms from foods.
2st method to detect the cause of allergy is by Dr. Coca’s "pulse test.":
Check your pulse before a meal. Then limiting that meal to one food only, 1/2 hour after eating and take your pulse again. If your pulse does not rise above 84, you may be allergy-free. But if your pulse rises beyond that point, and remains high an hour after the meal, you have found your food allergy.
- The best way, however, to prevent or overcome allergies is to strengthen the overall physical resistance
- To start with, the person should fast on fresh fruit juices for 4 or 5 days.
- Repeated short juice fasts are likely to result in better tolerance to previous allergies. After the fruit juice fast, the person can take a mono diet of vegetables or fruits such as carrots, grapes or apples, for one week.
- After that one more food is added to the mono diet.
- A week later the third food is added and so on.
- After four weeks, the protein foods can be introduced, one at a time.
- In case an allergic reaction to a newly introduced food is noticed, it should be discontinued and a new food tried.
- In this way all real allergens can be eventually eliminated from the diet.
- liberal use of alkaline- forming foods is essential for those suffering from allergies.
- Excluded following food chocolate, cola drinks, tea, coffee, alcohol, tobacco, sugar, refined cereals, salted, pickled foods, meats, milk, cheese, butter, and foods containing any chemical additives, preservatives and flavouring. These foods cause either toxic accumulations or over-stimulation of adrenal glands or strain on pancreatic enzymes production or disturb the blood sugar balance.
- For preventive purposes, the entire C complex vitamins are recommended. They gradually strengthen cell permeability to help immunize the body from various allergies.
- Generally vitamin B5 brings great relief to allergy sufferers.
- Multiple allergies may result from poor adrenal gland functioning.
- In such cases liberal amounts of vitamin B5 help cure them.
- An adequate intake of vitamin E is also beneficial as this vitamin possesses
- effective anti-allergic properties.
for allergies in the intestinal tract, skin and nasal passages, the use of five drops of castor oil in a little juice or water taken on an empty stomach in the morning, is highly beneficial
If stress is present as an element in allergic conditions, it is essential to employ methods as relaxation, exercise and meditation.
These methods will reduce or remove stress and thereby contribute towards the
treatment of allergies.
Yogic asanas like
anuloma-viloma, pranayama are also beneficial.