Massage oils for specific chakras

Ayurvedic Massages & Techniques preparation of oils, decoctions, baths, "marma points", Shareera, Akshitaroana, Nasya Karama, Shirodhara, etc.
Saille

Massage oils for specific chakras

Post by Saille »

Tashi delek, all,

Are there specific oils best to be used when massaging for specific chakras? If so, what are they?

It seems to me that the intent is more important than the type of oil used, but since all things have meaning, I'd like to learn more.

Also, when working with Kundalini energy, is it best to not use massage? I've heard that when one is working on helping to awaken Kundalini it can be over-stimulated by massage.

And one more question: When using massage, one would do the same for self-massage that is done on massaing others, correct?

I've looked at the site and cannot find these answers. My apologies if there are posts on these topics I've not seen.

Namaste.
hotice_steve
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Massage oils for specific chakras

Post by hotice_steve »

Dear Saille,
As per Ayurveda Coconut Oil is cooling & Sesame Oil is hot.
So they are used in that sense to balance the doshas or particular disease and maybe Chakra issues.
Sandalwood oil is used to balance the chakras namely third eye, throat, manipura & swadisthana.
There must be some special oils too but I am not aware.

blessing.
lukewatson43

Paralysis Message

Post by lukewatson43 »

Hello Everyone
i have a question.Is Massage effecting for paralysis patient? and how much long its time period?
thanks in advance......
mohan
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Massage oils for specific chakras

Post by mohan »

Yes, Massage is effective as a therapy that can help person with paralysis by improving the flow of blood across the nerves and tissues in affected areas. Massage therapy can help to increase flexibility and range of movement, especially in areas affected by numbness, paralysis and injury. It can also facilitate relaxation in overused muscles which may have becomes stressed trying to compensate for muscles that do not work properly.