12 Things You Need To Know About Ayurvedic and Yogic Living
1. Yoga means union. When we perform Yoga, there first has to be a union of the body and the mind.
2. Yoga should not be practised and considered like any other physical exercise.
3. It is a common misconception that the term ‘Ayurveda’ means treatment of herbs.
4. It is important for everyone to know the status of the body constitution (Vata, Pitta, Kapha) and the mind constitution (Satva, Rajas, Tamas) that they are born with.
5. Ayurvedic Dietetics lays stress upon the Vata, Pitta, Kapha, Satva, Rajas, and Tamas characteristics of food.
6. In Ayurveda, there are three pillars of health. Collectively termed ‘Traya Upstambh’, the three pillars are Aahaar (food), Nidra (sleep) and Brahmacharya (conduct like Brahman and celibacy).
7. An Ayurvedist lays a lot of stress on these three pillars.
8. According to Ayurveda, it is important to listen to your body, mind, and soul, and then act.
9. 9) Ayurvedists advice that it is best to retire to sleep by 10 p.m. every day, and wake up at 5 a.m.
10) Maintaining a good work-life balance will also guarantee well-being.
11) Physical activity is imperative in order to lead a healthy life.
12) Panchakarma – a detoxification technique – is highly recommended by Ayurvedists since it aids in the cleansing one’s body of toxins.
Discuss all general aspects of Ayurveda
1 post • Page 1 of 1