Strange movement while being Reiki-ed

your experiences with Reiki
greg003

Strange movement while being Reiki-ed

Post by greg003 »

Hi, I would like to share experience when I Reiki my friend today, and would like to ask for advice.

Today, when I Reiki a friend of mine, initially he just felt a warm energy flowing into his body and slowly the whole body muscle started to tremble and twitch. After about 5 min, I started to see his one of his hands making big movement and even do the gassho pose with 1 hand. The hand movement just reminds me of what the Chinese medium did when they are inviting Goddess of Mercy into his or her body.

As this friend of mine has a Buddhist altar at home and their family is vegetarian when eating at home, could the hand movement is due to his home guardian spirit?

Despite all the big movements and trembling, he said he felt a very comfortable and mild warm feeling flowing throughout his body... even after I have ended the session. Should I be of any concern with his reaction? Does it mean he has affinity with Buddha? Can I still give him Reiki in future? By the way, he is addicted to my Reiki that he keep asking me to Reiki him.

Blessings,
Kane.
hotice_steve
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Strange movement while being Reiki-ed

Post by hotice_steve »

Dear Kane,
Can't really say. But it is possible as you say.
You can continue giving him Reiki. You will understand more.
By the way you didn't mention why you were giving him Reiki.
Blessings.
greg003

Post by greg003 »

hotice_steve wrote: By the way you didn't mention why you were giving him Reiki.
Blessings.
Hi Stephen,
I Reiki him just for general health, and also he is curious about Reiki.
Beeholtz

Post by Beeholtz »

as a person in the western world(US) please excuse my ignorance. from what ive learned from reading posts and doing reiki for a few years is that it can be used on anyone and for anything for the most part. using it with other healing modalities shouldnt be an issue with anyone and i would suppose that some p[eople may just need it more than others. my wife who refuses to believe in this sort of stuff claims she feels nothing and notices no difference when i sent reiki to her. i agree with steve just keep trying and see what happens. if something was bad or wrong you would most likely know it by now
GailNelson

Post by GailNelson »

I do agree, if your friend is willing to continue, I would continue giving him Reiki. Maybe it is the scientist in me, but I love to examine and see what comes of it.

Energy affects everyone a little differently, but I believe it's also possible that Reiki was awakening him in some way that manifested on the physical. If he meditates at all, I would be curious if afterwards there was a slight shift in his sensations in that area as well.