Text Size

Yoga Treatment For Common Diseases

Benign prostrate hyperplasia and yoga

In this section discuss the scope of yoga in the treatment of some common diseases.

Benign prostrate hyperplasia and yoga

Postby Amudhan » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:03 am

I am having Benign prostrate hyperplasia and whenever i try to practice yoga i am unable to do because of the violent pains i get in the lower abdomen due to this problem of BPH. Along with this i am also allergic and having Diabetes and problems in genito urinal organs. Please suggest me some asanas and pranayamas which i can do without much difficulty and also reap rich benefits
Amudhan

Re: Benign prostrate hyperplasia and yoga

Postby Tom » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:00 pm

Can you do "child pose"?

http://www.yogajournal.com/poses/475

Maybe if you let your legs be a little farther apart instead of right next to each other? It puts the head below the heart, so it is the mildest sort of inverted posture that I am aware of. It also helps to deepen the breathing. It is restful and good for releasing stress, and it is much easier to stay in than a shoulderstand or a headstand. In addition to caffeine and alcohol, stress can irritate your prostate. I don't mean to be giving medical advice in any way, of course. This is just something to consider. When I feel really sick sometimes I even go to sleep in this posture, in bed.
"The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see." --- Ayn Rand
Tom

Return to Yoga Treatment For Common Diseases