Anulom Vilom Pranayama for high blood pressure

Yoga Breathing - Breath Control
adityakumar

Anulom Vilom Pranayama for high blood pressure

Post by adityakumar »

Hello To all the members,

I am Aditya 28 years old male, I have been suffering from stress and anxiety induced high blood pressure for 3 years,all the medical tests are fine no physical problems. I am taking medication also for this, my reading are in general in the range of 140/90. As I have seen and read that pranayama can effectively manage this condition and help to cure it. I do anulom vilom pranayama with no breath retention, with slow and deep inhalation and exhalation and with natural pace for 30 minutes in morning.

Please guide me can there be any side effects of this pranayama if I do it wrong, can it make my blood pressure high? Kindly also suggest if there is a better way to do this pranayama also.

The suggestions and advices will be very valuable for me.

Thanks And Regards
Aditya
hotice_steve
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Anulom Vilom Pranayama for high blood pressure

Post by hotice_steve »

Dear Aditya,
We are not supposed to give medical advice in such a case as you. We hold no responsibility, I hope that is clear.

Since you yourself say its anxiety related try to deal with this Anxiety first.
I think you are using the most widely advised Pranayama method.
I have my strong opinion about their advise.
Sorry it is not advisable as you do it too long for 30 mins.It is not relaxing you at all, which is actually the first priority & too stressful.
I would advise you to try "Yoga Nidra" . Also just a easy breathing routine where you let the breathing be on its own & slow while u just observe it. . also observe the natural abdominal movements no need to alter the breath.
If you are familiar with Reiki or pranic healing the points to send healing are the adrenaline glands & the Neck & shoulders.

Also do the Anulom Vilom a few days later with a little bit of retention as this does give the Chest muscles the confidence that you can hold the breath & relax; also confidence not to gasp for breath. all to be done at a slow(sahaj) pace just 5 t o 10 mins max.
Diet is very very important. Other Situations you have to deal with. You cant escape them.
Please monitor yourself & give feedback.
My Blessings.