Get in touch with your inner God and Goddess!

angelicdiamond

Get in touch with your inner God and Goddess!

Post by angelicdiamond »

In much of Paganism — Wicca for example — there is one Source from which all came about. Hard polytheists being the exclusion. This source is divided into two halves: the male half and the female half. These two halves are called the God and the Goddess.

For those who are interested, in the Wiccan story, the Goddess gives birth to the God (or Son), the Son grows up to the mature God, the God has intercourse with the Goddess, and the God dies (but is still living inside of the Goddess who then gives birth again). All of this happens over the course of a Pagan year.

Sorry, I'm getting off track. I didn't plan on teaching Religion 101 :P

Moving on, most people see Deity as outside of themselves and look up to the Heavens for answers and send up prayers hoping to be heard. But what some have yet to realize is that Deity is also within you! In your very heart. The Sufi Mystics say that there is a special chamber inside of your heart for God alone. Even Jesus said, "He who makes the inner the outer and the outer the inner with inherit the Kingdom of God." Where is the Kingdom of God? According to Jesus, "The Kingdom of God is within you and around you."

So what does that mean to us? It means that you can find God out in the world, but you can also find him in your heart. By the way, the last few times I said "God," I meant Deity or the Divine or Source.

So if Source is within you, so is the masculine half and the feminine half, right? Yes!

A common belief in Paganism is that all other gods and goddesses, be they Greek, Roman, Egyptian, Hindu, or Chinese are factions of the masculine and feminine Source. We have these gods and goddesses so that we may better understand God, the very Source itself.

So does that mean that Jesus is within us? Yes. What about Quan Yin? Yes. And Zeus? Yep. And the Trimurti? Yes, them too.

But what does that have to say about my Guides and Angels? Although they work outside of us most of the time, they are within you too. The terms "inner" and "outer" are very broad. Let me give you the verse out of the Gospel of Thomas for you to read:
Jesus said to them (his disciples), "When you make the two into one, and when you make the inner like the outer and the outer like the inner, and the upper like the lower, and when you make male and female into a single one, so that the male will not be male nor the female be female, when you make eyes in place of an eye, a hand in place of a hand, a foot in place of a foot, an image in place of an image, then you will enter [the kingdom]."
Emphasis mine.

Wow, he included a lot, huh? He basically said that we must make everything One. Does that mean that... everything is within? Most believe so, yes. Including other people? We're all made of stardust! And my house? It's made of stardust too. And planets and suns? Over-sized stars.

Okay, now comes what I intended to say in the first place:
Get in touch with your God-selves!

God is Omnipresent, so He is One with us. The God and the Goddess lives in us, so let's bring them out!

Men, get in touch with your inner Goddess.
Women, get in touch with your inner God.
They're both one in the same!

Say in you mind, "I now invoke the God/dess inside of me into my daily life. Amen."

When merging with your Goddess self, you will find you daydream more and have more hopes and plans for our life and get more in touch with your life's goal!

When merging with your God self, you will find that you will go out and be more proactive and bring into reality the things you've been dreaming about and planning, and bringing your life's goal into being.

I hope this has blessed your day, and find this information useful! Love, light, and blessings be with you all. Amen.

-Wes
Cherry

Re: Get in touch with your inner God and Goddess!

Post by Cherry »

I asked the God in me to be with me in my daily life.
Thank you! :wD