Strengthening Your Reiki Practice, How Do You Practice Reiki

SarahsSoul

Strengthening Your Reiki Practice, How Do You Practice Reiki

Post by SarahsSoul »

Hi there fellow lightworkers!
I would like some input on how you all use Reiki in your lives and your results from it. For example, a reiki box, just low key self treatments daily, mostly distance healings, a Reiki practice group of friends, etc, or how often do you certified practitioners do it?

I'm a little unsure on how to go about better incorporating Reiki into my 'circle' of people in my life. I'm in a small town in the USA, and here Reiki isn't mainstream or even heard of. Going to Church is. And I understand there is a vast difference between being sceptical and being close-minded. Some people just don’t want to open their minds to new concepts and those that are open to it, how do proceed with asking and giving them reiki after hearing about their ailments and wanting to help them? I mean, is it necessary to completely set the mood and do all the hand positions for it be affective or can it be more adaptable and casual, like have them seated at a quiet get together? I wouldn't charge as it'd be more for experience with family and friends and so the pressure for results wouldn't be so high. I have given my mom Reiki for about 2 minutes on her lower back as it was hurting her badly and she said she hasn't had pain there for months now! That's one of my best experiences.

Any information would greatly help support me in clearing up my uncertanty and I thank you all for your time! Blessings :Lv :Lv :F0
Tom

Re: Strengthening Your Reiki Practice, How Do You Practice R

Post by Tom »

Once you are attuned to Kundalini Reiki there is a meditation you can do on a daily basis to strengthen your ability to channel reiki energy.

The daily self-healings really are important. This is one of the best ways to improve your ability.

You can use reiki on anything you eat or drink. This applies to anything - food or drink - that you handle that someone else will eat or drink. You have options that do not require putting your hands on the items. You can set an intent to let the energy flow. You can send energy through your eyes while you look at them. You can visualize the symbols in the items - the more copies, the better. Or you can ask your Higher Self to send reiki. Or you can simply ask God to bless the food, with the understanding that energy will be sent. For that matter you can just affirm that the food is blessed for the Highest Good of everyone involved.

Finally, try not to underestimate the value of just being present in the lives of the people around you. The more you work on yourself the more they will benefit. It is impossible to know the details, because you would need for comparison to know how things would have been if you hadn't gotten started with practicing reiki and generally improving yourself. The quality of your presence alone will have become more healing and you will be influencing the thinking of everyone you come into contact with. This applies to the internet as well as in person. "A Course In Miracles" explicitly states that your presence is required for the Salvation of this world. No, not by name. As long as you are present and looking out at a world that appears separate from yourself, and there is a distinct inside and outside, then you are the one who must act. As long as you see a world you must be the one to save it, and your presence is what is required. To start with, you see people around you with closed minds. As this symptom appears to be "in your face" right now, this is something that you can work on healing. It is affecting you and your life so you do not need permission. It is in your life, and it is mirroring something that you have within yourself. You heal the closed-mind-ed-ness in the people around you by healing the same quality in yourself first. You don't need to track it down or experience it more deeply. Just keep in mind the possibility that it may be there when you do your own daily self-healing. And I will try to do the same thing. It is a lot easier to give advice than to take it - but the fact that I am giving the advice to you probably means that I need it, too. Because I see a need to apply it outside of myself, there is probably a part of me somewhere on the inside that I am being shown by having it mirrored back at me ... and I think I see it now.
Beeholtz

Post by Beeholtz »

Sarah,

Even from the little bit about yourself that youve shared with me i can tell you that you will know, trust your intuition and you will get the asnwer you need when treating someone. definately do self treatments as you can experiment with anything you want and not have to worry about other people. just practice and youll feel it get stronger and you will know exactly what to do. as far as hand positions i never follow suit with that. i place my hands typically on the heart chakra first and kinda just feel my way around to where they need to go. also you can intend for the reiki to go where it is needed most or to heal t his chakra or that and the reiki will usually follow orders(even though it does what it needs or wants to do regardless) ;-)
SarahsSoul

Post by SarahsSoul »

Thanks so much for your valuable insight, Tom! Very good points made. The mirroring of issues really makes good sense & I will reflect more on that in my daily sessions. Am I still able to do the meditation as i am attuned to kundalini reiki 1? I still find myself prefering usui reiki as I find the energy 'stronger'. Also many thanks for reminding me that just my presence is helpful to everyone in my life as I tend to want to try harder at things than is necessary ;)
The major reasoning behind my 'close minded belief' is really a fear on not being accepted/ fear of rejection that I have, as a part of me is a people pleaser. Also I just started sharing with family my love of reiki and my grandma went as far as to say that I will be going to hell because reiki is devils work, as anything that can make man think they are powerful is bad/devils work. Sorry for the graphic words. Now I know that is her fear talking (but like u said maybe its mine too?) but it hurt me and made me think twice about continuing to share. This was btw postings on one of my facebook pages.

I suppose there will always be challenges and resistance, since it does make us stronger and clearer about ourselves but being on this higher frequency as compared to my pears is creating confusion as I feel stuck to get 'higher' and fearing I won't have anything in common with anyone anymore in my peer groups. I have been praying that new ppl who match my higher vibration to come into my life and I continue to pray as its valuable to have such support in physical life ( in this forum also!)
angelicdiamond

Post by angelicdiamond »

Sorry this is so long!

Sometimes I skip a few days on accident because I'm a forgetful person (working on that), but I try to do a self treatment everyday. I smooth and cleanse my aura, do all my chakras, aura again, then feet. If I want to cleanse or charge something in my practice, I fill it with Reiki and use the symbols. I've done some distant treatments, but never an attunement. I've also never given a full treatment to someone in person yet.

When I'm driving, I like to visualize a Power symbol in front of my car, protecting and guiding me, and keeping the road clear. I also visualize a BIG Power symbol bouncing up and down on the roof, dispelling mini Power symbols, offering more protection, sending Reiki to all the cars, and also keeping everything safe and clear.

If I get hurt, I like to draw the Power symbol over it to keep a Reiki flow on it. If I want to cleanse something (object, room, etc) I draw an Emotional/Mental symbol over or in it. I like to fill my drinks with Reiki and also the water I use to water my plants with. They enjoy it :) Sometimes it's more convenient to ask my Higher Self to infuse/heal something with Reiki, and he does it way quicker than I can. But if I do it personally, I know that I'm also getting the benefits.

As for explaining and offering Reiki to Christians, they like to hear about to power of the Holy Spirit :) Tell them something to the effect of that God has gifted you the ability to use the Holy Spirit for healing, and can send its power in person or over a distance. Unless it's a really fundamental denomination, they'll think it's interesting and something to consider. If it's a denomination like Baptists, they may not be so keen on it, because they mostly believe that the gifts on the holy Spirit have ceased. But on the other hand, they believe in its power, and can agree with you depending on how it's explained. There is a whole website of Christian Reiki.

If the person isn't necessarily Christian and/or they are open minded, you can tell them that everything that is living, and things that are not, have this nonphysical matter flowing through them, and that sometimes it gets blocked or there isn't enough, and you are able to channel this nonphysical matter into people, animals, plants, or objects. Once again, it depends on how you explain it and the person you're talking to.

If you want to offer Reiki, you can ask if it's ok to send some healing AND PRAYERS their way. Keeping it simple and adding the prayer part makes easier to accept, while knowing what you're getting. "Is it ok if I send some healing and prayers your way today/this week/on the day you've said/etc?"

P.S. know that your healings are only as powerful as you allow them to be :)

Hope this helps!

Highest Blessings!
-Wes
SarahsSoul

Post by SarahsSoul »

Thank you Beeholtz and Angelicdiamond for your helpful insights :) I continue to do my self healings daily and send healing distantly all the time. I have also been practicing my hands on reiki with some family members and let that be intuitively guided. I always find it helpful when my ego wants to expect certain results, to say "reiki for the highest good" because than I release the need for expectation, which I'm sure often can be limiting and just let it work.
It is very supportive to know how others use reiki in their lives. Blessings! :F0 :gL
Beeholtz

Post by Beeholtz »

thats awesome sarah, continue to kick butt with reiki. as of lately ive been drawn to this website and i dont know why... im trying to figure out if its because i need help, someone needs my help, or i just need to practice my reiki etc. more.... ive been trying to use reiki more often as of lately, im just not sure yet what is drawing me here but it is interesting.. it makes you wonder is it my soul, my higher self, someone else asking me for help on another dimension thats drawing me here... but continue to practice sarah and you will only get better, faster, stronger
SarahsSoul

Post by SarahsSoul »

@beeholtz, Thanks! I am excited for kundalini 2 attunement. :) It is most likely a combination of those three things that you mentioned in your post. I, myself don't know much other spiritual people a similar level, who enjoy discussing and sharing these types of experiences (although I continue to ask to meet some!) and so it makes good sense why you would feel drawn to be here as well. There are many wonderful, helpful souls here and if only there was a chat room of some sort, would make it great for instant responses and conversations. ;) :F0
Beeholtz

Post by Beeholtz »

Thanks sarah. We should resume our distant healings but maybe try something new every once in a while. I have no one here to share this with
SarahsSoul

Post by SarahsSoul »

Sure beeholtz, I will PM you