meditation mind relaxation help

Beeholtz

meditation mind relaxation help

Post by Beeholtz »

my mind is always racing. when i try to relax to meditate thoughts just keep bursting in my mind and i cant stop them. it ranges from everything to work to friends. When i was in college i used to smoke marijuana. it seemed like it was the only thing that relaxed me and allowed me to sleep normally also. Drugs are not always the best choice as we all know however i know that some cultures and people around the world use marijuana in rituals that were passed down from ancestors and to connect with their gods. does anyone have any suggestions for how to really relax the mind for a peaceful quiet meditation and reiki session. THANKS!
monicaagrawal

Re: meditation mind relaxation help

Post by monicaagrawal »

When ever u start meditation, it is natural initially that mind wonders, u can start with doing aulam vilom and than concentration on breathing or urs and when u feel u r getting deep inside ur breathing that is stage u r ready for meditation, still if ur mind wanders dont worry the momement it wanders shake ur head and bring back it to ur breathing ....after sometime u wl find u r concentratuon increases most imp have patience
lighthope

Post by lighthope »

i could suggest from my personal experience that first move ur head to right then left and so on frequntly at least 20 times then up and down frequntly at least 20 times.. then take a deep breath and exhale from mouth at least 5 times.. then start concentrating on ur head u will feel a fine vibration and tingling sensation .concentrate here untill u feel then take a deep breathand exhale and think it is not the part of ur body...i.e. relax.. then move ur concentration on fore head and do the same .. now on eyes nose lips then throat shoulders chest belly and then on legs..and relax..you could listen relaxing music also..google Silva centering excercise. you could download free guided relaxation audio of this..it will help you ..

god bless you..
pradeep_shaktawat

Post by pradeep_shaktawat »

:F0
Dear Brandon,
Beeholtz wrote:When i was in college i used to smoke marijuana.
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o
Do Whatever You Like for Relaxation, But Plz Don't think about/ Or Try MARIJUANA :n0 :n0 :n0

Drugs are not The Solution of any problem These are just aid of diverting our mind from problems, and It's not a Solution.

so plz Control your Mind

:gL :gL :gL :gL :gL :gL :gL :gL :gL :gL :gL :gL :gL :gL :gL :gL

:F0
Beeholtz

Post by Beeholtz »

thanks forthe advice and guidance.I will practice controllingmy mind. ill post results later.
mohan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mohan »

Dear Brandon,
Instability and wandering are the mind's default mode of operation.
wandering mind is always an unhappy mind.
Do not fight with mind, instead let it play. you just be a watcher and live in the present moment.

Monica and Monika have shared good technique. you may try those.
Also follow Pradeep's advice on MARIJUANA.
also read here,
why mind is wild, wondering, bussy ....,
http://www.theholisticcare.com/forums/v ... =14&t=2772
Beeholtz

Post by Beeholtz »

first id like to say thanks to everyone who responded and offered wisdom and help. I tried the technique of flexing or moving just one part of your body like your feet or head and working your way down or up the other direction. this seemed to work the best for me. i wanted to post my results to help anyone else who may have a similar issue. i noticed that the reiki felt stronger most likely because i was much more focused. thanks again!