chanting mantra

KARTIK

chanting mantra

Post by KARTIK »

it is allowed to chant a mantras in mind. but i havent heard of chanting chakra beej mantras in mind. i deliberatly want to chant the beej mantras (specially om) all the day in my mind.
am i allowed to do it ?
thank you :F0
priya

Re: chanting mantra

Post by priya »

Dear Karthik,

Hi, I feel that its not necessary to chant any mantra loud. For chanting a mantra loud also your mind has to first processess it.Then the sound comes from your mouth,right. :)

My experience ( which is very little), I feel the same vibration when I chant OM ( A-U-M) in mind like I feel when I say is aloud.

Hope all the seniors would agree.

Regards,

Priya
pradeep_shaktawat

Post by pradeep_shaktawat »

:F0
priya wrote: I feel that its not necessary to chant any mantra loud. For chanting a mantra loud also your mind has to first processess it.Then the sound comes from your mouth,right. :)
Yes Priya ji. I am agree with you on this Point.
priya wrote: I feel the same vibration when I chant OM ( A-U-M) in mind like I feel when I say is aloud.
My Opinion is little different on this point. Because there are several Mantras including AUM / , which are beneficial with their Vibrations Due to Loud Chanting.

No Doubt that They are effective, even if Chanted in Mind, But the Vibration is absent in that Case and Some Mantras are Only Effective if We Chant then Loudly and With Proper Vibration.
KARTIK wrote: i havent heard of chanting chakra beej mantras in mind. i deliberatly want to chant the beej mantras (specially om) all the day in my mind.
am i allowed to do it ?
  • According to Me Beej Mantras are Effective if We Chant them Loudly, Because the Vibration Due to Chanting Helps the Mother Kundalini in Awakening.

• its Ok to Chant Aum in Mind 27*7, But in morning chant it loudly, and feel the difference.
  • And after all Our Mind is Everything, So Follow Your Inner Voice.

:F0
KARTIK

Post by KARTIK »

thank you lightworkers , i will surely follow your advice :F0 ..
hotice_steve
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by hotice_steve »

Dear Kartik,
I agree with Priya & Pradeep.
Both methods have their benefits. Chanting aloud helps a lot as explained by Pradeep. You can even use it the way Priya said it, in mind.
Just to add.......
That Mantras are different from Naam Jaap.
The mantras are highly effective even for a logical mind setup purely by their vibrational properties. Especially so the Bheej Mantras.
The Naam Jaap(chanting of name of a holy spiritual form like Shiva, Krishna, Jesus) requires a thought pattern & idea of that energy form to invoke it(alternatively a masters initiation). Later it works like a mantra as the programming of the mind & body is done.
Both Mantra & Naam Jaap become Ajaap when practised regularly & intensely. As you may know Ajaap means the automatic happening of the mantra or Jaap in the consciousness. Please read the sentence again & understand it word by word just as I wrote it.
This is a very deep state of awareness and can be achieved by initiation of a Master or intense meditation & concentration.
Hope I was of help.
Blessings.