Hello to all

Here you can introduce yourself, and know about our other members.
magnolia

Hello to all

Post by magnolia »

I am in the process of getting back on my spiritual path in life. I was first attuned to Usui Reiki about 10 years ago. I was attuned to master level, but only instructed on level 1 thus far, not sure where that leaves me technically, I guess a strong level 1? Reiki made a profound impact on my life, but somewhere along the lines of time i lost my way. I was presented with various obstacles or tests of faith, and at some point i wasn't strong enough, I lost my faith in myself and in life. I turned away from what I know to be true and stopped practicing reiki as well as closed my mind to other beliefs I hold. I stopped seeing life as a spiritual evolution in which we all take part. Everything seemed polluted and doomed. This has all been very frustrating to me because I have felt split in two. I have always known that the universe is made up of energy and that all energy affects other energy, i have always believed this, but for the longest time my actions weren't reflecting it. I have spent a great deal of the last few years dealing with addictions - to things, to people, to ways of thinking, to negativity. I was so entrenched for a while, I didn't think I was ever going to be able to come back (on a spiritual level). During the last year especially, I have realized that I can't live like that anymore. That i need to change my life, my thinking, my behavior, my impact on my life and others also. I need to live as I believe, because living against your beliefs isn't really living. I have read and re-read the Celestine Prophecy series and find that my beliefs are along a very similar line, even more so every time I read them again i go further. I am now at the point where I am beginning to see the way in my own heart, not just believe it in my head. I am able to be more conscious of my actions and thoughts and on their consequences for better or worse. I have begun to practice reiki again, although I am feeling very blocked and definitely not as strong as before. I am thinking that another attunement might be good for me right now.

I will be going back to college in the fall to start work on becoming a veterinarian. I hope to practice reiki and other "alternative"/holistic healing modalities with the animals. I have always felt that I was meant to be a healer of some sort. I also love animals, and often times find it easier to interact with them than with people. This choice feels right and feels like what I need to do now. So I am going for it!

I am glad to have found this forum of like-minded thinkers. Feel free to PM me anytime to discuss!
hotice_steve
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Hello to all

Post by hotice_steve »

Dear Andrea,
Most welcome to The Holistic Care(THC)
Make the most of what you find here & share your experiences.
Nice to have you.
I think you will have already received your Usui 2 attunement by the time you read this.
Regards & warm wishes for your spiritual development.
Be Blessed.