Introduction: Wolf Spirit Reiki

Here you can introduce yourself, and know about our other members.
WolfSpiritReiki

Introduction: Wolf Spirit Reiki

Post by WolfSpiritReiki »

Greetings to all forum members and fellow Reiki practitioners. I just joined this forum and am looking forward with interest to reading and learning from others here. I am a 54-year-old registered nurse (RN) and am attuned to Usui Reiki Shiki Ryoho Level II. My goal is to become attuned to the Master level, for which I am currently studying.

I currently work as an editor for a market research firm but still maintain some ties to the nursing field. I have a BS degree in education with a major in mathematics and a minor in business administration. I also have two AA degrees, one in computer programming and one in nursing. I am currently working on completing my business Web site.

My other interests include writing and studying alternative healing modalities.

I have recently been undergoing much stress in my life and am finding self-treatment with Reiki helpful. My husband unexpectedly left me on October 16 with no justifiable reason and no acceptable logical explanation. We had just purchased a new vehicle in August, for which I am currently paying the monthly payments. Two weeks after my husband left, I had to euthanize my 13-year-old Akita dog, my best friend, due to bladder cancer and advanced age. To make matters worse, my husband and I work for the same employer on the same shift. My emotions have improved since these occurrences and I think I am well on the road to recovery, but there are still some very emotional days for me, somewhat like a roller coaster ride.

I have been reacquainting myself with who I am, which one sometimes loses touch with in a partnership. I have reassessed my relationship with my husband and integrated the good habits and interests I picked up from my marriage, discarding those which did not serve a purpose for me. Life is once again looking promising and I am no longer depressed as I was during my marriage. From my nursing knowledge, this is a healthy response to separation and I do feel good about myself in that I gave everything I could to the marriage. My husband has left 5 other marriages in the same unexpected manner, so I feel most of the problems likely lie with him. I have many blessings to be thankful for: a home that is no longer mortgaged, a couple of great supportive friends, a new vehicle, and much love and light remaining in my heart to share with others.

Love and Light To All,
Brenda
hotice_steve
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Introduction: Wolf Spirit Reiki

Post by hotice_steve »

Dear Brenda,
Most welcome to THC & wishing you all the best in your spiritual life.
If I am excused, it is better to let go off certain relationships & certain individuals.
Its a hard job to change someone, but easier to change ourselves(mean in the positive sense).
Compliment you on your profile, its great.
Heartiest condolences for Akita. Sending light for her new world.
God Bless & thanks for sharing.
loveangels

Re: Introduction: Wolf Spirit Reiki

Post by loveangels »

Wow Brenda what a post! You sound like a very active and very strong person. I see you walking firmly and with determination. Your strength has astonished me!

Keep it up , lots of light for you and all the best.