hi this is bonneheure

Here you can introduce yourself, and know about our other members.
bonneheure

hi this is bonneheure

Post by bonneheure »

i'm new to this site and i'm quite interested in the reiki attunements. i have followed reiki 1 here in montreal and i use it almost daily as a self-treatment and occasionnally with members of my family and friends.

i practice yoga, ayurveda and meditation. i started enligthtening (that is dis-identifying with my ego) recently after reading "A new earth" by Eckhart Tolle. his teachings are inspired by oriental spirituality, but it is by reading his book taht i finally managed to understand how to stop identifying with all my thoughts and emotions and to understand what "living in the present moment" really means.
mohan
Administrator
Administrator

Re: hi this is bonneheure

Post by mohan »

Dear Bonneheure,
Welcome!
Nice to read you do daily healing sessions as well as your interest in yoga, ayurveda and meditation.
Thanks for sharing your experiences (i am also looking forward to read even more.) i had heard about this Best Seller book. recently did search and find nice Content Summary of the book on wikipedia as follows,
A New Earth: Awakening To Your Life's Purpose is a more detailed examination of the ideas introduced in The Power Of Now.
The core of Tolle's thought, in brief, is that the whole of humanity is trapped in self-created worlds of thought. An individual will experience this as their self-concept.
Within these labyrinthine stories it is impossible to achieve lasting happiness. As they are fictional and static, all self concepts are subject to destruction and decay, a process Tolle cites as the main causal factor in human suffering.
The 'escape' from this ongoing prison is a direct experience of the sublime, the infinite - that which stands outside, before and beyond the categorizations and divisions of conceptual thought.
A key way which Tolle suggests this can be done is to focus one's attention on the present moment.
Although both books revolve around this theme, there are significant differences between A New Earth and The Power Of Now. Where the Power Of Now focuses on the self-help aspects of Tolle's work, A New Earth contains a much deeper and more detailed exploration of Tolle's world-view.